About the awards
This year we will be presenting awards for high quality legal advice and an outstanding contribution by employed barristers to the work of their organisations in a range of sectors. We will also be presenting awards to the best practitioners from across the whole employed bar for Legal Team of the Year, and the ceremony will conclude with a presentation to the overall winner of Employed Barrister of the Year.
Nominations are now open. The deadline for putting forward a nominee is 28 February 2020.
Three nominees will be shortlisted for each award category. Awards will be judged by senior members of the profession and judiciary.
- Outstanding Employed Barrister in the Public Sector
- Outstanding Employed Barrister in a Law Firm
- Outstanding Employed Barrister in Commerce, Finance or Industry
- Outstanding Employed Barrister in an NGO
- Outstanding Employed Barrister in the Armed Forces
- Outstanding Employed Barrister in Sports
- Legal Team of the Year
- Employed Barrister of the Year
Make a nomination
View the full awards criteria and nominate an employed barrister for one or more Employed Bar Awards.
The awards timeline
3 February 2020 Nominations open
28 February 2020 Nominations close
31 March 2020 Shortlisted nominees announced
3 July 2020 Awards ceremony and dinner at Merchant Taylors’ Hall, London
To discuss how you can become a partner of the Bar Council's Employed Bar Awards 2020, contact the Bar Council’s Head of Services Carolyn Entwistle.
Watch the 2018 awards video