Alternative course dates are available: 9 June 2020
About the course
This online training covers all aspects of Equality and Diversity for anyone with responsibility for implementing the BSB’s Equality & Diversity rules. The course also covers priority setting; overcoming challenges, good practice and complaints handling and supports Equality and Diversity in chambers generally.
A basic understanding of E&D (from the Bar Council Introduction to Equality & Diversity course) is assumed.
Format and group size
- Practical facilitated session requiring group work and full participation.
- Delivered online
- Required pre-reading provided
- Maximum 20 attendees
What does the course cover?
- An introduction to the BSB Rules and steps required to ensure chambers compliance
- The importance of Equality and Diversity for good chambers management
- How best to promote E&D in chambers
- Gain greater clarity on requirements for chambers compliance with legal and regulatory duties with respect to Equality & Diversity
- Access expert advice on priority setting and action planning
- Gain insight into good practice by reviewing and discussing relevant, current case studies
- Take away solutions and tips to overcome common equality and diversity problems
Who should attend?
Chambers’ Equality and Diversity Officers, Heads of Chambers, practice managers and clerks, and anyone with a management role in chambers.
Full price: £140 (plus VAT)
Bar Representation Fee member price: £120 (plus VAT)
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.