About the course
Being able to skilfully handle negotiations with clients is key to the role of all clerks, practice managers and other relevant chambers professionals. Whether negotiating with chambers' clients or suppliers, members of chambers or colleagues, each scenario will be unique and present a variety of challenges. To be a successful negotiator it is essential to follow an effective process, keep a clear head and build rapport.
During this practical two-hour workshop, attendees will gain valuable insight into how to negotiate a good return whilst offering excellent value and generating client satisfaction. Delivered by Don Turner, a highly-skilled business development and management coach and the co-founder of PME Training, the course will give you a better understanding of several key areas including:
- Preparing for the various stages of the negotiation process
- Working in collaboration with the client to maximise income, including the value attribution
- Ring-fencing, or establishing repeat custom (otherwise known as making "sticky" clients).
Who should attend?
- Chambers professionals who regularly negotiates with clients on behalf of their members, or suppliers on behalf of chambers
- Anyone seeking to improve their business development skills.
The session will give you a better understanding of:
- How to alter their mindset to collaborate effectively with clients
- Assessing value and providing honest competition
- How to use negotiation to improve client relationships and create long-term partnerships.
This interactive workshop is designed to engage those seeking to grow business within a modern and competitive environment.
£188 (plus VAT)
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.