About the course
This seminar will help you to:
- Apply best practice in legal aid billing and reduce the chances of rejection;
- Improve your day-to-day billing administration and quality control;
- Reduce errors made in claim forms; and
- Better understand how to effectively process Very High Cost Cases and payments on account.
This year’s Civil (non-family) Legal Aid Billing seminar panel will consist of:
- Kathy Wong, Legal Practice and Remuneration Policy Analyst, Bar Council (Chair)
- Graham McDonald, Subject Matter Expert, Legal Aid Agency
- Kathryn Jolly, Head of Revenue and Control, Garden Court Chambers
- Bob Baker, Co-Chair of the Association of Costs Lawyers
Due to the current coronavirus situation, this session will be held as an online live stream only.
Full price: £24 plus VAT
Bar Representation Fee subscriber price: £18 plus VAT
The Bar Council training and events booking system has moved to MyBar, the dedicated logged-in website for the profession, where you can register for your chosen training course or event simply and securely using your existing profile.
When you click the booking link above, you will be taken to MyBar where you can log in and book your place. If you have any problems logging into MyBar, contact our Services team on 020 7611 1329 or email Services@BarCouncil.org.uk.
Please ensure your read our terms and conditions and privacy statement before booking.
To share your questions with the Civil (non-family) Legal Aid panel in advance of the event, email us after you have booked your place.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.