About the course
In light of Covid-19 there may be specific legal aid billing questions that you have in mind – if so, this is the perfect forum to ask them. In this seminar, we will aim to cover changes to civil (non-family) legal aid billing brought about as a result of Covid-19 and include topics such as payments on accounts and steps that the Legal Aid Agency have adopted to try and keep payments moving under Covid-19.
This seminar will also help you to:
- Apply best practice in legal aid billing and reduce the chances of rejection;
- Improve your day-to-day billing administration and quality control;
- Reduce errors made in claim forms; and
- Better understand how to effectively process Very High Cost Cases.
This year’s Civil (non-family) Legal Aid Billing seminar panel will consist of:
- Kathy Wong, Legal Practice and Remuneration Policy Analyst, Bar Council (Chair)
- Graham McDonald, Subject Matter Expert, Legal Aid Agency
- Kathryn Jolly, Head of Revenue and Control, Garden Court Chambers
- Bob Baker, Co-Chair of the Association of Costs Lawyers
Due to the current coronavirus situation, this session will be held as an online live stream only.
Free of charge
The Bar Council training and events booking system has moved to MyBar, the dedicated logged-in website for the profession, where you can register for your chosen training course or event simply and securely using your existing profile.
When you click the booking link above, you will be taken to MyBar where you can log in and book your place. If you have any problems logging into MyBar, contact our Services team on 020 7611 1329 or email Services@BarCouncil.org.uk.
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
All registered delegates will be invited to share their questions with the Civil (non-family) Legal Aid panel and will be sent the relevant link by email in advance of the event.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.