About the course
Clerks, practice managers and other relevant chambers professionals are under increasing pressure to adopt smarter approaches to driving and developing revenue. When working for chambers, the most successful business development strategies aren't necessarily comparable to those undertaken by to more traditionally 'commercial' businesses.
In the current climate chambers cannot afford to let opportunities to increase revenue through effective client development and retention pass. Satisfied clients are a reliable source of business and will help to shape the reputation of chambers and increase revenue through personal recommendations. Delivered by Don Turner, a highly-skilled business development and management coach and the co-founder of PME Training, this practical two-hour workshop will provide attendees with a better understanding of several key areas, including:
- Differentiating between business development and sales;
- Maximising chambers' business development opportunities;
- Promoting excellence in client service, including understanding the 'client journey'.
Who should attend this workshop?
- Any chambers professional who regularly engages, or communicates with, clients on behalf of their members
- Anyone seeking to improve their business development skills.
The course will give you a better understanding of:
- How to identify different sales processes, including understanding those processes most appropriate for chambers
- How to guide clients through the buying process and use their thought processes to the advantage of chambers
- The simple human psychology which determines customer service success.
This interactive workshop is designed to engage those seeking a deeper understanding of best practice principles relating to client business development.
£188 (plus VAT)
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.