Alternative dates: Monday 23 - Friday 27 March 2020 (Taunton)
About the courseAs well as practical knowledge and roleplay sessions, Foundation Mediation training provides stimulating and demanding reading, reflection, and development through what feedback describes as one of the finest, most immersive and compelling training courses available.
What the session covers
What you will gain from the training
- The ability safely to conduct a civil and commercial mediation
- A full toolkit of mediation skills recognised internationally
- Higher-level negotiation skills, knowledge, and insights
- The opportunity to practice these skills under close coaching
- Full Foundation Training ahead of any later specialisation
- Access to long-term mentoring and ethical guidance and support
- Certification as a Society of Mediators recognised mediator
- Accreditation as a Civil Mediation Council civil and commercial mediator
- Recognition by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Recognition by the Bar Council as having passed its approved course
- Personal feedback and development advice from skilled course tutors
- 40 hours of relevant CPD
Due to the current coronavirus situation, all Bar Council training sessions delivered in-person have been postponed until further notice.
Contact us if you would like to be updated when new dates can be arranged, or when alternatives such as online sessions are announced.
Full price: £1,100 (plus VAT)
Bar Representation Fee member price: £1,000 (plus VAT)
Assessment and Examination
As this course is the pathway to accreditation and is also recognised by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, every delegate will be assessed and examined. The open-book examination is independently marked. Barristers will also be subject to continual assessment, including a final assessment mediation undertaken by independent experienced assessors who have not taught on that course.
In the event of the required standard not being met, barristers will be invited back for further work and assessment at no additional cost. Generally, at least 90% of barristers pass the course on the first occasion.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.