Introduction from the Chair
Carolyn Entwistle, Head of Services to the Bar, Bar Council
Best practice and complaints prevention
Legal Ombudsman representative (tbc)
- An overview of the types of complaints received about barristers by the Legal Ombudsman
- Best practice in customer service to prevent complaints
- Best practice in complaints handling
Practical Guidance for Chambers
Sarah Earl, Chambers Director, Old Square Chambers
- Assessing complaints received and when to refer them
- Internal administration, quality control and responsibilities
- Managing the expectations of complainants whilst supporting your members
- Building resources to steer complaints handlers through the process
Complaints and Public Access work
Nicola Wallace, Barrister at 4PB, Public Access Trainer and member of the Bar Council’s Public Access Panel
- The different risk categories and the most common complaints scenarios
- Best practice in complaints prevention and client expectation management
- Handling complaints from vulnerable persons
Questions and discussion
Full price: £50 (plus VAT)
Bar Representation Fee member price: £40 (plus VAT)
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.