About the course
Attending networking events can be intimidating and often becomes tiresome, but in today's highly competitive world, being a confident and effective networker will set the modern-day clerk, practice manager or other chambers professional apart from the crowd. Networking is a fundamental skill which enables the forging of strong relationships and the development of your personal brand.
During this practical two-hour workshop, you will gain valuable insight into how you can become more visible, take control and create more business opportunities whilst networking. Delivered by Don Turner, a highly-skilled business development and management coach and the co-founder of PME Training, attendees will build a better understanding of several key areas including:
- The principles of networking, including barriers to networking and how to overcome them
- The skills required of confident and effective networkers, and the tools that they deploy
- Developing personal appeal and creating memorable first impressions.
Who should attend?
- Chambers professionals who regularly attends industry events as a representative of chambers, and with a view to building their personal network
- Anyone seeking to improve their business development skills.
Following this training session attendees will have a better understanding of:
- Approaching networking events with confidence and circulating with ease
- the objectives that should be applied when establishing and/or building upon a personal network
- How to build upon any knowledge gained and follow up potential business opportunities.
This interactive workshop is designed to engage those seeking to build their personal networks and ensure the good investment of any time spent attending industry events.
£188 (plus VAT)
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.