What the session covers
Aimed at accredited Public Access practitioners who are looking to further develop the skills required to effectively and efficiently deliver services to their Public Access clients, this course will update your knowledge and skills as well as giving you the chance to discuss, review and assess whether your Public Access business model is effective and profitable and in line with regulatory and risk requirements.
How you will benefit from the training
- Develop more proactive and assured client skills to ensure that the objectives and expectations of your clients are fully understood and exceeded
- Sharpen your personal organisation and time management skills to ensure effective, efficient and profitable case and matter delivery
- Recognise and understand the needs of vulnerable clients to ensure that their interests are fully protected
- Find our what additional resources, systems and processes are available to effectively support individual PA practices and PA clients
- Learn the merits and down sides of various Public Access business models and their respective risks to maximise your opportunities and profitability.
- Gaining and developing insights - sharing and reflecting upon practical experiences
- Public Access in context within the profession and the legal landscape
- Update on regulatory requirements including AML, risk, GDPR and new price transparency regulations
- Building a more profitable business model through enhanced and practical scoping skills and fee estimation, negotiating fees in more complex cases, enhanced client care skills and more efficient time management, prioritisation and case management
- Targeted Business Development plans and skills to enhance individual practice models
- Developing the skills and awareness when acting for vulnerable clients
- Developing team skills including working with clerks, paralegals and PAs.
The Bar Council training and events booking system has moved to MyBar, the dedicated logged-in website for the profession, where you can register for your chosen training course or event simply and securely using your existing profile.
When you click the booking link above, you will be taken to MyBar where you can log in and book your place. If you have any problems logging into MyBar, contact our Services team on 020 7611 1329 or email Services@BarCouncil.org.uk.
Full price: £280 (plus VAT)
Bar Representation Fee member price: £210 (plus VAT)
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.