About the course
Aimed at accredited Public Access (PA) practitioners looking to further develop the skills required to effectively and efficiently deliver services to their PA clients, this course gives you an opportunity, in an open and non-judgemental environment, to update your knowledge and skills.
You will also get the chance to discuss, review and assess the effectiveness and profitability of your PA business model, its commerciality, identify future opportunities and whether it meets BSB regulatory and risk requirements.
What areas does the course cover?
- Public Access in context within the profession and the current legal landscape
- Update on BSB regulatory requirements including AML, risk, GDPR and new price transparency regulations
- Building a more profitable business model through enhanced and practical scoping skills and fee estimation, negotiating fees in more complex cases, enhanced client care skills and more efficient time management, prioritisation and case management
- Targeted business development plans and skills to enhance individual practice models
- Developing the required skills and awareness when acting for vulnerable clients
- Developing team skills including working with clerks, paralegals and PAs
- Gain and develop insights, sharing and reflecting on practical experiences
- Develop more proactive and assured client care skills to ensure that the objectives and expectations of your clients are fully understood and exceeded
- Sharpen your scoping, fee estimation and personal organisation skills to ensure effective, efficient and profitable case and matter delivery
- Recognise and understand the needs of vulnerable clients to ensure that their interests are fully protected and met
- Find out the additional resources, systems and processes which are available to effectively support individual PA practices and PA clients
- Learn the merits and downsides of various PA business models and their respective risks with the aim of maximising opportunities and profitability
- Review your existing PA business model to foster ongoing best practice and ensure cpmmercial viability
Full price: £280 (plus VAT)
Bar Representation Fee member price: £240 (plus VAT)
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.