About the course
This face-to-face training session is designed to raise awareness of harassment, bullying and inappropriate behaviour through a series of practical case studies drawn from experience across the profession. It also includes a summary of legal and regulatory duties relating to Sexual Harassment.
Format and group size
- Practical facilitated session involving reviewing case studies in groups
- Delivered in-person
- Pre-reading provided
- Maximum 16 attendees
What does the course cover?
- A detailed summary of the law and rules with respect to harassment, and an explanation of bullying and inappropriate behaviours
- Our individual responsibilities in tackling (and where necessary reporting) harassment and bullying behaviours in chambers, and across the Bar
- Discussion of techniques to tackle harassment and bullying and support colleagues, including the introduction of codes of behaviour
- Advice and guidance on support available for victims and witnesses
- Build a greater understanding of inappropriate behaviours, including harassment and bullying
- Find out what you can expect in terms of available support
- Gain practical insights into dealing with inappropriate behaviours through case study-based review and discussion
Who should attend?
All barristers, clerks and other chambers’ staff.
Full price: £215 (plus VAT)
Bar Representation Fee member price: £170 (plus VAT)
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.