About the course
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) can now issue personal fines of up to £500,000 to managers, directors and other employees of businesses who make poor decisions relating to GDPR and marketing and, in doing so, find themselves in breach of data protection and marketing laws.
Delivered by Orlagh Kelly, a barrister and the founder of Briefed GDPR Compliance Services, this interactive two-hour masterclass will provide you with the tools required to use the GDPR rules to your advantage and protect yourself and your chambers from fines.
Who should attend this workshop?
- Any chambers professional who forms part of the marketing team
- Chambers' management and marketing committee members
- Any barrister or chambers professional involved in chambers' marketing
- Any individual responsible for GDPR compliance
The session will give you a better understanding of:
- The risks faced by marketing professionals and how to manage them
- How to differentiate between compliant and non-compliant consent, including when to provide an opt-in or facilitate an opt-out
- How to maintain compliance whilst using social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- The dos and don'ts of email marketing campaigns
- The risks around managing the annual Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners directory entry processes.
There are no current dates confirmed for this course, but new dates will be announced soon.