1) There are two drop-down menus to assist your search Practice Area and City or Town. It is often useful to conduct separate searches under different Practice Areas. You should also bear in mind that barristers may be availableto travel and utilising the City or Town drop down option will severely limit your results. We would recommend conducting a nationwide search, and then only using a geographical search if it is likely to show a good range of barristers in your area.
2) Select Search at the bottom of the page.
3) This will bring up a list of barristers with contact details in accordance with the criteria you selected.
4) You can click on the barrister's name for further details, and proceed to their chambers' website which should provide more detailed information.
5) You must contact the chambers in order to instruct the barrister. It is perfectly acceptable for you to ask questions to establish whether or not the barrister is right for your case.
6) The Bar Council will not be able to assist you further in selecting a barrister and cannot recommend a barrister.
If you need advice about this, please telephone the Bar Council on 020 7611 1472.