The Bar Council represents more than 17,000 practising barristers in England and Wales.
As the Bar’s apex representative body, the staff at the Bar Council aim to establish and maintain the highest professional standards, and thus hope to avoid complaints about, or dissatisfaction with, the services that we provide to our members and other people with whom we interact.
We recognise, however, that such complaints or dissatisfaction may from time to time arise. We aim to deal with complaints promptly, courteously, efficiently, and sensitively.
This policy outlines:
- how to make an informal complaint
- how to make a formal complaint, and the review process
- approach to anonymous complaints
- how we internally monitor complaints
- how we use complaints to improve our service
- how we protect your data
View in browser or download the policy: