Terms & conditions
Your use of the website of the General Council of the Bar® is governed by these Terms and Conditions and subject to the Notice of Copyright.
Conditions of Use
- The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, and do not constitute legal advice. Members of the public who have a legal problem should consult a suitably qualified lawyer.
- These pages are updated from time to time, but may not always be up to date in every respect. No responsibility is accepted for loss arising from inaccurate or incomplete information, however caused.
- No mention of any organisation, company or individual on these pages or on any pages to which there are links on these pages implies any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, companies or individuals by The General Council of the Bar®.
- The General Council of the Bar® does not accept any liability in connection with any third party websites that can be accessed through this website and does not endorse or approve the contents of any such site.
- The user agrees that material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of this website is obtained entirely at the user's own risk and that the user will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data, however caused.
- General Council of the Bar® and BARMARK® are registered trademarks.
- Links to other sites from within this website are not covered by this statement.
Notice of Copyright
- The General Council of the Bar® retains copyright, where held, in all of its material placed on this website.
- The material on this website may be copied for private use or use within an organisation provided that (a) the website of The General Council of the Bar® is acknowledged as the source including the reference www.barcouncil.org.uk, (b) the material is not amended in any way, and (c) this permission is revocable at any time by The General Council of the Bar®.
- Permanent storage or copying of the whole or part of this website or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any work or publication whether paper or electronic is expressly prohibited.
- Application for other use of copyright material should be made to The General Council of the Bar®.
2. The General Council of the Bar® complies with the provisions of UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act.
3. Read the privacy statement of The General Council of the Bar.