The annual Authorisation to Practise (AtP) period is now open until Friday 31 March.
During this process barristers are invited to renew their Practising Certificates through the MyBar portal. The stages include:
- Verifying practising status
- Confirming or updating current contact details
- Providing equality and diversity information - this section is not compulsory but the information provided supports the Bar Council's work in representing the profession
- Declaring income to determine the income band for the practising certificate fee (PCF)
- Declaring information relating to continuing professional development (CPD), insurance, and websites
- Providing information on areas of practice, legal aid, pro bono, and public access work
- Subscribing to the voluntary Bar Representation Fee to support the work of the Bar Council
- Making a voluntary donation to the Bar's own pro bono charity, Advocate
This year there are changes to the parental leave discount and more information is provided in the email sent to barristers.
The AtP completion and payment deadline is Friday 31 March.
Barristers who opt to delegate payment to chambers or employers must complete the declaration by 23:59, Friday 24 March.