About the course
Understanding the application of, and compliance with, the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Regulations (MLTF 2017) is a high priority for the BSB and for the profession. In addition, money laundering opportunities associated with the Covid-19 crisis are being heartlessly exploited by criminals increasing the risks for all self-employed barristers.
This practical and interactive anti-Money Laundering (AML) workshop is designed to de-mystify many of the ‘fear factors’ associated with the anti-money laundering regulations.
Adopting a practical and interactive approach, this workshop provides a clear and practical route-map through the MLTF 2017 requirements and includes presentations, practical case study examples, small group discussions and sharing of feedback.
Format and group size
- Practical facilitated session combining presentations, group work and discussion
- Delivered online for mixed groups of barristers
- Maximum 20 attendees
What areas does the course cover?
- What money laundering is, and its practical application to self-employed barristers
- The need for yearly risk assessments (if MLTF 2017 applies) and documenting assessments appropriately
- Applying Customer Due Diligence risk sensitively
- Knowing when to report money laundering suspicions and to whom
- Learn exactly when and how to apply MLTF 2017
- Have confidence in your compliance: it is both a criminal and regulatory offence to breach MLTF 2017
- Understand the risks of non-compliance
Who should attend?
Barristers, clerks and other chambers staff.
- Full price: £225 (plus VAT)
- Bar Representation Fee members: £180 (plus VAT)
Before you book
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package (3 credit hours). Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.