About the course
Are you a civil practitioner or specialist fees clerk? Following the success and demand of the last few year’s Legal Aid Billing Seminar Series, the Bar Council teamed up with expert representatives from the Legal Aid Agency, publicly-funded chambers and solicitors’ associations/firms to provide top tips to ensure that you bill for all the civil legal aid fees you are entitled to, and your claims are approved as ‘right first time’.
Watch the recording
- Apply best practice in legal aid billing and reduce the chances of rejection;
- Improve your day-to-day billing administration and quality control;
- Reduce errors made in claim forms; and
- Better understand how to effectively process Very High Cost Cases and payments on account.
- Court v LAA assessments,
- Cost estimates, and
- Case planning and billing.
- Chair: Anastasia Kostaki, Legal Practice and Remuneration, the Bar Council
- Stephen Barker, Legal Aid Agency
- Bob Baker, Co-Chair of the Association of Costs Lawyers Legal Aid Group
- Sumaya Gilmore, Head of Revenue: Billing Processes, Garden Court Chambers
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.