About the seminar
Are you a criminal practitioner or fees clerk? Following the success and demand of the last few year’s Legal Aid Billing Seminar Series, the Bar Council teamed up with expert representatives from the Legal Aid Agency, publicly-funded chambers and Crown Prosecution Services (CPS) experts to provide top tips to ensure that you bill for all the criminal legal aid fees you are entitled to, and your claims are approved as ‘right first time’.
Watch the recording
- Apply best practice in legal aid billing and reduce the chances of rejection;
- Improve your day-to-day billing administration and quality control;
- Reduce errors made in claim forms; and
- Better understand how to effectively process Very High Cost Cases and payments on account.
- Tricky Crown Court billing issues,
- Claiming for unused material,
- Billing and the Common Platform,
- Billing and the Criminal Legal Aid Review,
- Magistrates Court fees, and
- CPS fee billing.
- Chair: Adrian Vincent, Head of Legal Practice and Remuneration, the Bar Council
- Elisabeth Cooper, Legal Aid Agency
- Mark Spalding, Consultant Fees Manager, Drystone Chambers
- Tom Little QC on the CPS fees scheme
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.