About the course
The Bar Council 'Fair recruitment and selection' training will help you to recruit fairly, consistently and in accordance with BSB guidelines. Most importantly, it will also help you to recruit successfully.
What the course covers
- The principles of fair selection
- Avoiding bias in selection
- Developing and applying selection criteria consistently through the selection process
- Shortlisting techniques
- How to develop reliable and valid work sample tests
- Competency-based interview techniques
- Evaluation and making selection decisions
- Opportunities to practise short listing and interview skills
Fair Recruitment and Selection training has been developed to help members of chambers meet rC110 of the BSB Handbook, which states that:
"Every member of all selection panels must be trained in fair recruitment and selection processes or to have studied the Bar Council's Fair Recruitment Guide. It is recommended that at least one panel member should attend an appropriate classroom course on the matter."
- Full price: £300 (plus VAT)
- Bar Representation Fee member price: £240 (plus VAT)
Before you book
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.