About the seminar
Are you a family practitioner or specialist fees clerk? Following the success and demand of the last few year’s Legal Aid Billing Seminar Series, the Bar Council teamed up with expert representatives from the Legal Aid Agency, publicly-funded chambers and solicitors’ associations/firms to provide top tips to ensure that you bill for all the family legal aid fees you are entitled to, and your claims are approved as ‘right first time’.
Watch the recording
- Apply best practice in legal aid billing and reduce the chances of rejection;
- Improve your day-to-day billing administration and quality control;
- Reduce errors made in claim forms; and
- Better understand how to effectively process Very High Cost Cases and payments on account.
- The hows and whys of CCMS (Client and Cost Management System),
- CCFS (Care Case Fee Scheme) billing,
- Non-FAS (Family Advocacy Scheme) cases,
- Family VHCCs (Very High Cost Cases), and
- Chair: Shiva Ancliffe QC, Family Vice-Chair, Remuneration Committee
- Robert Damiao, Legal Aid Agency
- Scott Baldwin, Chief Executive, St Mary’s Chambers
- Charlotte Flanders, Costs Lawyer, Veritas Professional Legal Services
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.