About the Employed Bar Awards (EBAs)
The EBAs showcase the wealth of talent amongst employed barristers. Launched in 2017, they celebrate the vital contributions that employed barristers make across numerous practice areas.
The Awards are presented for high quality legal advice and an outstanding contribution by employed barristers to the work of their organisations and the law more generally.
The judging panel included senior members of the profession and judiciary, alongside the Chair of the Bar, Mark Fenhalls KC.
Watch the video from the event
- Employed Barrister of the Year in the Public Sector
- Employed Barrister of the Year in a Law Firm
- Employed Barrister of the Year in Commerce, Finance or Industry
- Employed Barrister of the Year in the Armed Forces
- Legal Team* of the Year
*Any team submission may include other legal professionals but must include at least one employed barrister
The dinner and awards ceremony
Winners were announced on Thursday 20 October during the Gray’s Inn Employed Bar Dinner. The event was open to members of all four Inns at the Employed Bar.
The awards timeline
4 May 2022 – Nominations open
22 June 2022 – Nominations close (extended one week)
14 July 2022 – Shortlist announced
20 October 2022 – Employed Bar Awards – Awards ceremony where winners are announced and dinner
- Awards partner: The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn
- Employed Barrister of the Year: Public Sector: Inner Temple
- Employed Barrister of the Year in a Law Firm: Lincoln’s Inn
- Employed Barrister of the Year in Commerce, Finance or Industry: The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn
- Employed Barrister of the Year in the Armed Forces: BAE Systems
- Employed Legal Team* of the Year: Government Legal Department
- The Employed Bar Awards are also sponsored by the Bar Association for Commerce, Finance and Industry (BACFI)