About the course
This seminar will help you to:
- Apply best practice in legal aid billing and reduce the chances of rejection;
- Improve your day-to-day billing administration and quality control;
- Reduce errors made in claim forms; and
- Better understand how to effectively process Very High Cost Cases and payments on account.
- Chair: Kathy Wong, Legal Practice and Remuneration Policy Analyst, the Bar Council
- Graham McDonald, Technical Lead – Escape Cases, Legal Aid Agency
- Kathryn Jolly, Head of Revenue and Control, Garden Court Chambers
- Bob Baker, Co-Chair of the Association of Costs Lawyers Legal Aid Group
Book your place
Complete the form below to register your place and submit your questions in advance for consideration by the panel.
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
All registered delegates will be invited to share their questions with the Civil (non-family) Legal Aid panel and will be sent the relevant link by email in advance of the event.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.