About the course
The development of chambers' members' individual practices is of vital importance to not only their own success but also to the success of chambers. When attempting to recognise opportunities for career development and organic growth, the construction of an effective strategic plan and consideration of both personal and business development objectives is of the utmost importance.
Clerks, practice managers and other relevant chambers professionals are often able to identify why it's important to hold effective practice development meetings but aren't always properly versed in how to set achievable goals and, in turn, manage their members' expectations. Delivered by Don Turner, a highly-skilled business development and management coach and the co-founder of PME Training, this practical two-hour workshop will provide attendees with a better understanding of several key areas, including:
- Setting appropriate practice objectives and measurements of success
- Meeting the needs of chambers' members through the development of tailored practice plans, including understanding relevant limitations.
Who should attend?
- Chambers professionals who regularly holds practice development meetings and/or assists chambers' members with their personal development
- Anyoneseeking to improve their business development skills.
This course will give you a better understanding of:
- How to identify appropriate strategic tools and use them in an advantageous manner
- The common pitfalls when attempting to develop the careers of chambers' members;
- How to offer effective assistance to members in relation to the undertaking of any relevant business development activities.
This interactive workshop is designed to engage those seeking to better support their members through the preparation and presentation of credible practice growth plans.
£188 (plus VAT)
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.