About the course
Effective people management is vital to the successful development of any modern chambers or organisation. Whether managing colleagues or developing the careers chambers' members, clerks, practice managers and other relevant chambers professionals need to know how to maximise their time, talent and resources in order to increase both business profitability and morale.
During this practical two-hour workshop, attendees will gain valuable insight into how to define achievable objectives, manage difficult conversations and be seen by their colleagues as an effective leader. Delivered by Don Turner, a highly-skilled business development and management coach and the co-founder of PME Training, attendees with a better understanding of several key areas, including:
- Understanding the aims, objectives and values of their respective chambers or organisations
- Managing people for success, including managing with a view to achieving organisational growth
- Fundamental principles behind effective performance management.
Who should attend?
- All chambers professionals, but particularly those with line management responsibility
- Anyone seeking to improve their business development or leadership skills.
The session will give you a better understanding of:
- Identifying organisational requirements, including any requirements relating to the competencies and capabilities of your employees
- Implementing credible team management processes
- Conducting professional appraisals and implementing personal development plans.
This interactive workshop is designed to help you if you're seeking to build on your people management skills and improve your ability to lead.
Due to the current coronavirus situation, all Bar Council training sessions delivered in-person have been postponed until further notice.
Contact us if you would like to be updated when new dates can be arranged, or when alternatives such as online sessions are announced.
£188 (plus VAT)
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.