About the course
In this people-orientated sector, the relationships that clerks, practice managers and other relevant chambers professionals have with chambers' clients are an important element of successful practice management. The most effective and successful chambers professionals are those who possess the greatest ability to seamlessly interact with chambers' clients and, in turn, contribute to the positive growth of the practices of their members.
During this practical two-hour workshop, you will gain valuable insight into how to maximise their position with chambers' clients and members. Delivered by Don Turner, a highly-skilled business development and management coach and the co-founder of PME Training, the session will give you a better understanding of several key areas including:
- Improving client relationships through the comprehension of personal motivations
- The simple human psychology which determines what drives clients
- Spotting potential conflict and establishing avoidance tactics, including handling difficult conversations whilst delivering results.
Who should attend?
- Chambers professionals who regularly engages, or communicates with, clients on behalf of their members
- Anyone seeking to improve their business development skills.
Attending the course will give you a better understanding of:
- How to identify different types of people and better understand their respective approaches to conversations both in, and outside of, the workplace
- Adjusting communication techniques in accordance with different personality types, including the best approaches to adopt in order to ensure success
- Handling 'difficult people' and gaining better relationships with each and every client.
This interactive workshop is designed to engage those seeking a deeper understanding of how to motivate clients, members and colleagues.
Due to the current coronavirus situation, all Bar Council training sessions delivered in-person have been postponed until further notice.
Contact us if you would like to be updated when new dates can be arranged, or when alternatives such as online sessions are announced.
£223 (plus VAT)
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package (3 credit hours). Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.