About the workshop
Aimed at accredited Public Access practitioners looking to further develop the skills required to effectively and efficiently deliver services to their PA clients, this workshop session gives you the chance to discuss shared experiences with fellow practitioners (led by an experienced facilitator) and take part in an interactive and in-depth consideration of the key aspects of Public Access work.
What areas does the session cover?
- Current BSB regulatory requirements including transparency on fees, handling client money, AML processes and procedures and the robustness of your client care letter and its fitness for purpose
- Increasing profitability through more accurate scoping and fee quoting
- Effectively managing all your Public Access risks
- Maximising business development opportunities
- Ensuring client care skills are of the highest standards
- Identifying hidden vulnerabilities in clients
- A critical analysis of your Public Access business model
- Gain and develop insights, sharing and reflecting on practical experiences
- Develop more proactive and assured client care skills to ensure that the objectives and expectations of your clients are fully understood and exceeded
- Sharpen your scoping, fee estimation and personal organisation skills to ensure effective, efficient and profitable case and matter delivery
- Recognise and understand the needs of vulnerable clients to ensure that their interests are fully protected and met
- Find out the additional resources, systems and processes which are available to effectively support individual Public Access practices and Public Access clients
- Learn the merits and downsides of various Public Access business models and their respective risks with the aim of maximising opportunities and profitability
- Review your existing Public Access business model to foster ongoing best practice and ensure commercial viability
- 6 hours
- Full price: £325 (plus VAT)
- Bar Representation Fee member price: £260 (plus VAT)
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.