About the course
Delivered by a trainer and a psychologist through both core teaching and practical problem-based scenarios, this course will give you a strong awareness of what mental health is and insight into common mental health issues.
The course will give you:
- An awareness of mental health
- An understanding of stress and pressure
- The knowledge to recognise symptoms in yourself and others
- Guidance on how to respond to mental health concerns
- Signposting for support and further guidance
- Advice for supporting colleagues in the workplace
- Tips for maintaining and managing mental health.
How you will benefit from the training
- Address issues confidently with a specific understanding of how the pressures of the Bar relate to mental health
- Tackle problems by responding quickly and properly to mental health issues in yourself and others
- Help others by sharing opportunities for support and guidance.
Delivered in partnership with Wellness for Law
Wellness for Law is a not-for-profit organisation supporting lawyers with bespoke education and training to maintain and optimise their health and wellbeing.
£65 (plus VAT)
Please ensure your read our terms and conditions and privacy statement before booking.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.