Chaired by Spenser Hilliard of Field Court Chambers and featuring guest speaker Sir David Foskett, this webinar will also include invaluable tips and tricks on how to get the most out of online dispute resolution (ODR), avoid an unnecessarily protracted process and reach a speedy resolution.
- What is the impact of Covid-19 on the use of litigation and what does it mean for the legal sector?
- How has Covid-19 changed the ADR landscape, and how can ADR be used to cut down on the court backlog?
- What does the future hold for ADR, and how can aspiring practitioners become a part of it?
Preparing for remote ADR
- How do you set up a remote ADR? What happens beforehand, what documents do you need?
- How do you set up an arbitration, a mediation or an Early Neutral Evaluation? How do they differ?
- Which is the best option for a given scenario?
Tips and tricks for taking part in ADR
- How do you best conduct a remote ADR? What should be at the forefront of your mind?
- What challenges and pitfalls should you expect when conducting remote ADR, and how can you overcome them?
- Get a perspective of ADR from a member of the Young Barristers’ Committee who is at the beginning of their career
Questions and discussion
Full price: £50 (plus VAT)
Bar Representation Fee member price: £40 (plus VAT)
All Bar Council online training is held on the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Please ensure you read our Zoom statement before booking.
The Annual Chambers Management package
This training session is available as part of the Bar Council's Annual Chambers Membership package. Chambers membership gives you access to a range of training and support throughout the year, chosen to suit your needs. Find out more about the package.
We can offer this training in-chambers, including at chambers on the circuits. Please contact our Training and Events team for information on dates and pricing.
Paperless training packs
To minimise environmental impact and the amount of paper you have to carry with you, Bar Council training packs are paperless. As a delegate you will receive the materials you need for the training by email in advance, which you can access on your laptop or tablet or print in advace if required.
Throughout the training, there will be references to various Bar Council guidance or external documents which are included as a hyperlink within the attendee workbook.