Reaching net zero and reducing global heating are not just issues for governments and large corporations: it requires action by every individual and every organisation, in the UK and beyond.
For that reason, the Bar Council has established a new Bar Sustainability Network to support chambers, Inns and legal support organisations to act on their climate impacts today.
What is the Bar Sustainability Network?
The network is a Bar Council initiative run in conjunction with Achill Management, a sustainability consultancy with expertise working with the legal profession. The network provides a range of services and support for chambers, Inns and others to help you transition to a more sustainable way of working – saving not just carbon emissions but costs.
Benefits for members
- Information, advice and practical guidance
- Online support and resources
- Free use of the network's Carbon Calculator as often as you need, to measure your emissions and help set reduction targets
- Membership of the Bar Renewables Pledge
- Member events
- Updates throughout the year on sustainability issues via BarTalk, the Bar Council's fortnightly e-newsletter
Standard membership: £500 + VAT
Discounted membership (for sets conducting over 50% publicly funded work): £150 + VAT
The Bar Council is working with Achill Management to deliver the Bar Sustainability Network. The establishment of this network has been made possible through the sponsorship of Arc and Complete Business Solutions.
Bar Council Sustainability Network Members 2021/22
15 Winckley Square Chambers
2 Bedford Row
25 Bedford Row
3 Verulam Buildings
Brick Court Chambers
Doughty Street Chambers
Essex Court Chambers
Serle Court Chambers
South Square Chambers
The 36 Group