Immigration support

The Bar Council operates as a Licensed Sponsor on behalf of UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and is therefore able to provide a certificate of sponsorship for mini pupils, pupil barristers and tenants working in chambers in England and Wales, enabling suitably qualified non-European Economic Area (non-EEA) nationals who meet the qualifying criteria to train and practise at the Bar.

Available Visas

Find out more

In addition to consulting UKVI’s Guidance for Sponsors, chambers seeking to offer a tenancy or funded pupillage to a non-EEA national are encouraged to contact the Bar Council in order to gain a full understanding of the adaptions we have made, as a specialist Licensed Sponsor, to the Tier 2 terms of reference.

To find out more about the Bar Council Immigration Support Service, please email or call +44 (0)207 611 1321.