When placing an advertisement, AETOs should use the following format:
- name, email address and telephone number of the relevant Recruitment Manager;
- name and address of the relevant AETO;
- number of vacancies available and in which area(s) of practice;
- description of the relevant AETO;
- structure of the fixed-term period of practice and, where relevant, the availability of grants;
- details of how to apply; and
- application deadline.
Information for recruiters
The Bar Council’s Education and Training Committee has produced Best Practice for Third Six Pupillages Guidance, which is referenced in section C1 of the Bar Qualification Manual and intended to apply to all short-term contracts between AETOs and barristers who have completed their pupillage, but are yet to secure tenancies.
Find out more
If you have a general enquiry about how the Third Six Vacancies advertisement page works, or would like to place an advertisement, please email the Bar Council Services team on Services@BarCouncil.org.uk or call +44 (0)207 611 1321.