The Bar Sustainability Network Carbon Calculator tool is free to use for all members of the network, and designed so you can keep an annual, quarterly or even monthly track of your emissions, and work out how to reduce them.
Measuring your carbon is the first step towards managing and then reducing it.
The carbon calculator will give you a headline carbon footprint which measures your core emissions – water, waste, energy and travel - and allow you to set targets for reduction.
This link will take you off the Bar Council website to the Carbon Calculator hosted by Achill Management for the Bar Sustainability Network. If you have any queries, please email the team at Achill Management on [email protected].
2023 Upgrade to Bar Sustainability Network Carbon Calculator
We are excited to announce that a revision to the Bar Sustainability Network Carbon Calculator will soon be available. The new version includes a number of updates and improvements which we hope will make it even more useful for keeping track of your Chamber’s Scope 1, 2 & 3 carbon emissions. Upgrades include:
- Additional field for ‘Purchased Heat’ – e.g. from district heating scheme
- More detailed choices for business travel by road – e.g. selection of ‘Car’ by fuel type; addition London Underground plus metro and light rail to ‘Rail’ choices; addition of London bus, local bus and coach options
- Addition of Hotel stay – both UK and abroad
- Revised report format showing results as a bar chart (to replace the pie chart) with Scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions colour coded for clarity
- Separate pie chart showing the proportions of Scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions as part of the firm’s whole footprint.
All other existing features have been retained – for example, the ability to save and edit the calculation at any point; view and edit previous calculations; view both location-based and market-based versions of the footprint calculation.
Bar Sustainability Network members have free access to the calculator at any time and can use it as often as they wish for whatever time period (with one month as a minimum).